Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Its my birthday and I'll blog if I want to.

I was excited when I turned 40. Today I am 41-on the other side of 40, heading towards 50...not so exciting. In my usual manner, when I turned 40 I set out some goals:

-Pass my advanced manual therapy/manipulative exam. YeSSS! done!
5 years of studying with bones and books in the basement was worth it.
-Finish top 100 women in the Sun Run (I was about 105th. grrrrr)
-Complete a Marathon- DONE!
-Run a 50 K - not yet, working on it
- Be 'in the moment' more, mindfulness
-Spend more time with the family and take more holidays

Of course I was trying to do it all in my 40th yr and was kinda depressed I diddn't do it all. Now I look at my list, I see it would have been impossible to study/work/train hard and take more holidays in one year. I'm thinking my next goal would be to not set so many goals and try to enjoy life more!! silly me.

3 comments:

Gary Robbins said...

Happy Birthday Heather!! It looks like you do quite a bit already and seem to appreciate having a balance in life...nice work, you're still a spring chicken!!

GR

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Happy B- Day Heather and just read ur marathon report..

WOW Chica you KICKED ASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

Now that is a SWEET first Marathon Time!!

Way to Go !!

HEATHERRUNS said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I may be getting older, but I am having more fun than ever...