Sunday, November 7, 2010

Morning Running poem- The world flows by

This morning I opted out of a great hard training session with my usual group for an easy adventuresome run with my husband Jim as he recovers from illness.   His first long run on the trails : -10 miles! 2 hrs+ . Yeah baby!! and all because it became an adventure finding new trails!  Thank goodness I had my watch telling me we when to turn around cuz we could have gone forever!

I dropped him off, refueled at home ( best aid station ever! -running toilets and everything!) then kicked in a faster 7-10 miles. As the sun shone  thru the trees, I was so enthralled with the beauty of it all that I thought up this poem :

Morning Run


Air is crisp and clear,
Like no one is here
- Till I run by


Dew on leaves twinkling,
As if its winking
- As I run by


Sun filters through trees
As if to guide me
-So I run by


‘In the now’ is a thrill
Like I’m standing still
-And the world runs by


Heather V

I missed out on a good hard training run, but appreciated an adventure run.  It really did feel like I stopped running, and the world flowed by me.  It was beautiful today.

Heather

No comments: